Trouble Booting FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanskal

Cadet
Hello.

I hope someone can help me with a problem that just recently started. For no apparent reason my FreeNAS build has decided not to boot. I'm running version 9.2.1.8. It's been stable since the initial build several months ago. Now, I'm seeing the following errors and don't know how to proceed.

Error Messages (BTW, I set verbose logging)
root mount waiting for: USBus0
the last line being: Start_Init: trying /sbin/init
The prompt never returns! Tried booting single user (same outcome).
--------------------------------------------------------
I'm assuming it can't read the boot device? which shows in the logs as da0 Sandisk Cruzer 1.27 SCSI-6 Device.
Has anyone seen this problem? More importantly, can anyone provide some tips on getting my rig back up and running :(

cyberjock

Inactive Account
My guess is your USB stick went bad (or the install is at least bad). Maybe try a fresh install and config upload?

vanskal

Cadet
My guess is your USB stick went bad (or the install is at least bad). Maybe try a fresh install and config upload?
Ugh... I'm guessing that would have required me to have the smarts to do a config save. I don't remember doing this. Is there a way to re-install and pull in the ZFS filesystems? Otherwise, as they say; "my goose is cooked".

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ugh... I'm guessing that would have required me to have the smarts to do a config save. I don't remember doing this. Is there a way to re-install and pull in the ZFS filesystems? Otherwise, as they say; "my goose is cooked".

Absolutely. Install FreeNAS and import your pool from the WebGUI. You'll have to redo your settings, but your data will be intact. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.