amd64 not booting, i386 web gui keeps crashing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandstheman

Dabbler
I'm a complete n00b to Freenas so as expected getting a few issues.

I've got a AMD 939 systems running an 2Ghz Opteron 146 with 3GB Ram.

I'm booting from a USB drive, i used Physdisk to write the latest 'FullInstal' image.

However using the i386 image it boots fine but the web gui just dies after 20-30minutes can't figure out for the life of me why....if i try to connect i just get alternating 500 and 503 errors.

Thought i'd read somewhere that it might be because i'm not running the amd64 version, so re-did the usb drive with the amd64 version and it doesn't boot at all, end up with:

Code:
init: /bin/sh on etc/rc terminated abnormally going to single user mode

Suspect i'm doing something obviously wrong, can anyone put me out of my misery? I've got 5x2TB disks just waiting to be used but would rather not have to be rebooting it every 30min or because the web gui keeps dying.... :(

sandstheman

Dabbler
Ok...think i solved my problem with the Web Gui constantly crashing...

Had been following some instructions on this forum for formatting my USB Stick and writing the image to it. However the instructions were based around formatting the stick with FAT16, however i'm using a 4GB drive, so reformatted and installed with FAT32 and the gui is humming along nicely now, been up for good few hours without any problems so far.

Just need to get the amd64 version booting now, still running on i386...

Status
Not open for further replies.