Transmission Permissions Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I've rebooted the server and now it still fails when the permissions are transmission:transmission 777. why....
well stumped me.

u could try installing a second instance of transmission and see if that can write to the same dataset.

Joshua_10110110

Dabbler
Ok, it works on the 2nd instance, all I did was change the umask to 0 (which is the same on the 1st instance) and now it performing as expected. I am now seriously confused as to why my 1st instance is having trouble with the permissions which the 2nd instance is having no problem with. Can I provide some information to you that maybe you can figure out what went wrong?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ok, it works on the 2nd instance, all I did was change the umask to 0 (which is the same on the 1st instance) and now it performing as expected. I am now seriously confused as to why my 1st instance is having trouble with the permissions which the 2nd instance is having no problem with. Can I provide some information to you that maybe you can figure out what went wrong?
feel free to post it and I can take a look.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The settings.json http://pastebin.com/LBn0XzE2

I don't know what else I can provide, are their commands that you could throw my way to give you?

(I really don't care for the password or other personal information being revealed)
Hmm, looks good to me. can you try this from the jail that's not working.
Code:
touch /downloads/test.file

And also this.
Code:
service transmission restart

Joshua_10110110

Dabbler
Sorry, I got impatient and deleted them both and started over. I saw you were offline so I figured "screw it".

Status
Not open for further replies.