FreeNAS 8.3.0-p1 Transmission retrieving metadata stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndboost

Explorer
Transmission is just sitting at "retrieving metadata" on magnet links.

Its a vanilla install of freenas 8.3.0-p1, installed transmission plugin, jailed like typical.

Setup ZFS mounts for /Downloads, /Incomplete, /Torrents.. set permissions to transmission:transmission 777 for all three folders. I also created new user/groups called transmission/transmission on the host freenas system with the same UID and GUIDs in hopes that'd fix the issue too..

Got all of that working, and then i set my jailed IP in my routers DMZ (using dd-wrt)..

Getting great speeds on regular torrents, however magnet links seem to still be messing up, which leads me to believe its still network related.

I noticed dns wasnt resolving external hostnames so i added googles nameservers to resolv.conf hoping that'd fix the issue, which it didn't. So then i turned off the requirement for encrypted peers, that didnt help either.

thoughts, comments, tips on how to fix this friggin thing?

ndboost

Explorer
Anyone got input on this? :)

infinitatus

Dabbler
I suspect that it is not a FREENAS problem, but a Transmissión problem. I had transmission in FREENAS without any problems running till the latest upgrade. With the latest FREENAS upgrade, tranmissión upgraded to 2.77. I get the same errors. And in Magnets it can´t find torrents.
I installed transmission on my Mac and it gave the same response. When I installed mutorrent on my mac, it worked flawless.
So it must be a problem with Tranmissión 2.77. At this moment I don´t use tranmissión in my FREENAS. But the only solution I could try is to install the previous tranmissión plugin, which was 2.6something. That worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.