Transmission Downloads Disappearing (using SickBeard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloFreeNAS

Dabbler
Hey

I just spent ages learning how to fix permissions on my server and finally thought everything was working how I wanted it to but, of course, another issue popped up and I remember it happening a while ago.

Whenever a transmission download completes it seems to just disappear. Not sure if it is SickBeard or transmission causing the issue. My SickBeard post process method is set to move (not copy) if that means anything. I have transmission set to use an incomplete dir and all seems well till it finishes. I don't think it gets moved to the parent directory (where it should go when it is completed). Could the issue be that my incomplete dir is just a sub-directory of my complete downloads folder?

Any help is appreciated

EDIT: I'm currently downloading a smallish movie on CouchPotato. I'll see if it works and post processes properly.
EDIT2: Yep...it worked.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sickbeard set to move will move the file to its final destination. if you want to continue seeding it you should set it to hardlink (assuming they are on the same dataset).

HelloFreeNAS

Dabbler
sickbeard set to move will move the file to its final destination. if you want to continue seeding it you should set it to hardlink (assuming they are on the same dataset).

I do see where you're going but wouldn't it just seed in the incomplete dir? Also, if SickBeard had just taken it then why isn't it in my TV folder?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I do see where you're going but wouldn't it just seed in the incomplete dir? Also, if SickBeard had just taken it then why isn't it in my TV folder?
it wouldn't seed from the incomplete directory, transmission moves it from the incomplete to complete when its complete. that's just how it works.

not sure where your file ended up.

HelloFreeNAS

Dabbler
it wouldn't seed from the incomplete directory, transmission moves it from the incomplete to complete when its complete. that's just how it works.

Hmmm... I'm not even seeding right now while I'm just testing stuff. I'll try setting it to hard link to see if it does anything.

HelloFreeNAS

Dabbler

Well the file didn't disappear and the link worked :). But... I've found out that SickBeard is processing the Incomplete dir because it is a sub directory of my downloads folder. As long as CouchPotato doesn't pull TV fomr my downloads I should be able to just use hard link processing in sickbeard.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.