Transmission or CouchPotato losing my files

Status
Not open for further replies.

UF8FF

Dabbler
Greetings everyone,

I just got everything up and running and it was all going great until my first download D: . After transmission downloaded the file and moves from the incomplete downloads to the downloaded files it seems that the files disappear. *poof* I can't find them anywhere. I checked each jail, all the datasets, the data is literally just gone. Hopefully it's overwriteable wherever it's going because that would suck.

I did notice that transmission continues to default back to wanting to put finished downloads into //Downloads even though I have changed it multiple times to /media/downloads . //Downloads doesn't even exist (until now. I want to see if it tries to throw anything in there). Is there a conf file somewhere that I could double check to make sure that this path gets saved?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Greetings everyone,

I just got everything up and running and it was all going great until my first download D: . After transmission downloaded the file and moves from the incomplete downloads to the downloaded files it seems that the files disappear. *poof* I can't find them anywhere. I checked each jail, all the datasets, the data is literally just gone. Hopefully it's overwriteable wherever it's going because that would suck.

I did notice that transmission continues to default back to wanting to put finished downloads into //Downloads even though I have changed it multiple times to /media/downloads . //Downloads doesn't even exist (until now. I want to see if it tries to throw anything in there). Is there a conf file somewhere that I could double check to make sure that this path gets saved?
the configuration file is /var/db/transmission/settings.json
after you change the settings through a transmission interface or from the command line I suggest restarting the service to make sure it gets commited to disk.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Greetings everyone,

after you change the settings through a transmission interface or from the command line I suggest restarting the service to make sure it gets commited to disk.

UF8FF

Dabbler
That worked. Thank you!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
That worked. Thank you!
sweet. yeah transmission can be kinda annoying in that it pretends to save the setting, but only in RAM unless you force restart it.

Status
Not open for further replies.