TeraCopy & FreeNAS error??Hi I've been using TeraCopy for a long time with Freenas and I've never h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberax

Dabbler
Hi I've been using TeraCopy for a long time with Freenas and I've never had any issues with it.

I rebuilt my FreeNAS Box Recently. Now TeraCopy is giving me errors

Whenever I start a copy to/from the NAS, it will copy and then give me an error of "Cannot reopen target file.?? I seen to have solved the problem by enabling the setting (Use system write cache option), in Preferences.

Was just wonder if anyone has also come across this problem before?

anika200

Contributor
Hmmm, I wonder if you are running out of memory or perhaps that setting was on by default in your last FreeNAS build.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm not sure about your particular error, but I can tell you after spending 3 hours with someone in a Teamviewer session that TeraCopy is not all it's cracked up to be. People have had random problems and terrible performance and I was left scratching my head for those 3 hours as to what was wrong. On a whim I made the decision to disable TeraCopy and see what regular windows drag+drop would do. His problems didn't exist.

Not to sound like a jerk, but I zone out immediately as soon as I hear they use TeraCopy. TeraCopy just isn't all that it's cracked up to be based on my limited experience with it. Yes, it's supposed to be faster and all that, but it just wasn't in our real-world cases. In fact, if you search the forums for TeraCopy you'll probably find the post I made discussing what a POS TeraCopy was. I'd stop using TeraCopy if I was you just because of the well-known problems that program has had with FreeNAS shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.