CIFS and Windows Permissions: Can't Find any Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowenbee

Cadet
Hi, stop me if you've heard this one before, but I'm new to freenas and trying to setup permissions using Windows ACLs but I'm running into a confusing problem.

I have 4 datasets with their respective shares, each belonging to an individual user account. I've set the group owner as nobody. I've configured the CIFS settings to match my workgroup. When I go into the security tab on the folder in windows, and try to search for other groups and users I created, it returns nothing saying it can't find any objects. Each time I go to the advanced tab, change permissions, and add.., it prompts me for my credentials which I've been putting in my root creds, but I don't see any of my freenas groups or users; just the builtin windows groups.

At one point, I was able to view them and set and test my permissions no problem. I've tried re-enabling the CIFS service and rebooting, but nothing. I'm sure this is total user noob error somehow, so what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

alexg

Contributor
Try from Windows admin user. I'm having similar issues and have not found a solution.

D

dlavigne

Which version of FreeNAS? Have you had a chance to try the latest 9.3 to see if that fixes it?

alexg

Contributor
My issues are on 9.2.1.7, but they started after Samba version was upgraded somewhere around 9.2.1.3(??) I don't have a place to play with 9.3. Will try to setup a VM to test it.

bowenbee

Cadet
I'm running version 9.2.1.9 for reference. I haven't put any critical data on it yet; just mockup data, so I might just do a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.