So long and thanks for all the fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpaetzel

One week from today I'll be concluding my time at iXsystems. It's been a very enjoyable 7 years and I have really enjoyed working on FreeNAS since iXsystems sponsored the rewrite of FreeNAS with the 8.0 version (released in early May 2011, five and a half years ago!)

I've really appreciated the support and input many of you have had over the years as we've worked to improve FreeNAS. Your contributions and feedback are what make Open Source Software an amazing development model. To say that FreeNAS would be nowhere near as good as it is today without a community of people using it and giving the developers feedback would be an understatement.

I thank you all. Some of you I've met, others I've talked to online. Many of you I've never interacted with. The experiences I've had working on the FreeNAS project have been memorable.

(Silly FreeNAS factoid. I still have the build server that was used to create the FreeNAS 8.0-RELEASE isos and the router that connected it to the internet. It's a little long in the tooth these days but maybe someday it will end up in a computer history museum.)

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Hey Josh,
Here's wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Thank you for all your patience and
dedication to the success that is FreeNAS.

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Thank you for all you've done for FreeNAS and the community.

FritVetBE

Explorer
Hey Josh, thanks alot for your efforts on jails. It helped me alot!

diskdiddler

Wizard
2 down eh? Man whoever Jordans boss is must really, really, really be a total wally. Someone somewhere is making some awful decsions and putting nasty pressure in bad places, causing trouble.

:(

Good luck, sorry to see you go.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Good luck !! And don't panic! :]

leonroy

Explorer
2 down eh? Man whoever Jordans boss is must really, really, really be a total wally. Someone somewhere is making some awful decsions and putting nasty pressure in bad places, causing trouble.

Not discounting that, but Silicon Valley (and tech in general) has a pretty high employee turnover.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Hah. I've been so busy over here I was totally unaware that this had happened. This is an unfortunate development for FreeNAS, I'd say, but I'm sure that Josh will find interesting challenges in his future.

Thanks for all your contributions and awesome releases over the years Josh.

I am very much unaware what is going on here, but I have a feeling that I owe one big Thank you to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.