Stuck in BIOS after insert USB with freenass OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvir

Cadet
Hi
i have an old computer based on abit ab9 pro running window 7 fine
after creating a freenass os on usb stick the computer is stuck in boot process at the very beginning (on driver identification stage)

I know the setting to boot from USB work since i created the FREENAS installation on other USB stick and boot the computer from it . only after i created the FREENAS OS and try to boot with it and it fails

I tried replacing USB stick with no help
i try booting up a different computer with that USB and works!

so there must be some compatibility issues with the format of the USB stick and abit ab9 BIOS

has anyone seen this issues and know how to resolve ?
i do have the latest BIOS install on my computer

Thanks

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Is this the motherboard from 2006? Ten years old, sir?

I think you've answered your own question.

FreeNAS 9.3 uses a modern bootloader--motherboards from older eras sometimes are not compatible with it. There's nothing you can do, except go to download.freenas.org and install 9.2.1.9 or earlier, if you say that worked.

dvir

Cadet
Thanks for the input
i don't know if 9.2.1.9 works i guess i can try it
yes it si an old MotherBoard but still run windows 7 very well... i was hoping there is a solution
Thanks

gpsguy

You didn't provide us any details (RAM, etc.) as requested in the forum rules (in red above).

Assuming you don't have a minimum of 8GB of RAM, you might try a different project. NAS4free (www.nas4free.org) was a forerunner to the modern FreeNAS and can run on older hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.