Static IP Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I've just installed FreeNAS on a virtual server, and when trying to set a static IP in the menu that comes up on the console and when I go to a shell, it still says "No route to host". I've configured what I thought was right in it, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be great as it seems there is only basic answers on how to console, and I can't find anything on google either. Thanks in advance to any help provided!

D

dlavigne

Which virtual server? How is the adapter set on the virtual server? Does DHCP work? Which static settings have you tried?

Jason Brooks

Dabbler
Hello,

I am trying to configure from the console menu in the same manner, but directly on a supermicro system, and with similar results. Here is my setup:

1) four ethernet jacks, igb{0-3}. Each works independently on the network using dhcp.
2) configured link aggregation with all four ports, using lacp, rebooted as suggested.
3) (verified proper switch configuration)
4) set a static ip address but it won't take.

using ifconfig, I see the lagg0 port is configured, and I see that all four ports appear to be functioning.

I switched the interface to using dhcp, and it works. I can see the dhcp ip address in the output of ifconfig and ipv4 networking works. It simply looks like the static ip address is not being written to the correct files.

I am running freenas 8.3.1-p2 on a new supermicro 6027 system.

Thanks for your time!

--jason

Jason Brooks

Dabbler
Hello,

I think I got it fixed for myself. I had it functioning using all four interfaces aggregated with lacp and dhcp. I re-configured the lagg0 interface and assigned a static ip address to it. I then rebooted, and it magically came up again.

--jason

Status
Not open for further replies.