SOLVED static route not functioning after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a FreeNAS update last night, it rebooted but it was not reachable via either onboard NIC. So i took a walk to look at the console and sure enough, the only route was my 10GB NIC which is directly connected to my server (NAS <---> server). So i had to go in and set a static IP address on the NIC and then delete the static route, reboot, and still when i put in a static route it does not show under network summery.

Any idea's?

D

dlavigne

You're tracking STABLE? What is your network setup (e.g why do you need a static route)? How are you configuring the static route (eg from console menu, GUI menu, someplace else)?

I always use stable release, my motherboard has 2 onboard gigabit NICs but i also have a 10GB card installed. The 10GB cards connects directly to another servers 10GB card, which does NOT get out to the internet or rest of the network. My LAN network is 10.1.10.x and my 10GB card's are set for an IP of 172.0.0.10 and 172.0.0.20, i have a static route set because FreeNAS always tries to use the 10GB card to reach the internet, and when that happens i loose the ability to access the FreeNAS console via 10.1.10.x.

I was configuring the routes inside the web GUI, after the recent update the server came back up from its reboot but only had the 10GB link listed, so i deleted the route, deleted the x2 1GB NICs and procided to reconfigure, which did not work....since then i have managed to gain access via 10.1.10.x but the server can not reach the internet because the static route (while showing in the static route menu) does not show in the network summery, and therefore does not function.

At the moment i have one of the 2 1GB NICs configured manually, usually they get a static (reservation) IP from the DHCP server

titan_rw

Guru
Please keep in mind you're using public ip's on a private network.

It's best if you stick to RFC1918 IP ranges.

If FreeNAS is always trying the 10G ports to reach the internet it sounds like you have a default gateway set on them.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Be interesting for you to log in and do a "netstat -rn".

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Please keep in mind you're using public ip's on a private network.

It's best if you stick to RFC1918 IP ranges.

If FreeNAS is always trying the 10G ports to reach the internet it sounds like you have a default gateway set on them.

AKA self-inflicted wounds. :(

Yea, my dumb behind had a default gateway put in for the 10GB NICs....sob....lol self inflicted wounds indeed Cyberjock :(

Status
Not open for further replies.