SMB auth hanging after update to bluefin RC.1

Decontogui

Cadet
Hello all,

I've been using Truneas for years, and it's always been rock solid. However, I updated to TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12-RC.1 (Bluefin) from latest Angelfish release yesterday and I noticed that my SMB shares stopped working.

I've tried a few things already:
  1. Restarting my server
  2. Removing all ACLs from datasets
  3. Changing user password
  4. Creating new user
  5. Creating new user group
  6. Deleted all apps
  7. Deleted all SMB shares
  8. Re created my SMB shares (I don't have a dataset root share or a dataset share shared with any apps)
I'm not very experienced with Truenas issues, but it seems like SMB is hanging during authentication. If I input the wrong password an error occurs (which is to be expected), however when the right password is inputted the auth screen hangs forever. I tested this behavior on both Mac and Windows clients.

Is there a way to reset SMB configuration to factory defaults or something that I can do to restore the functionality?

At this point, I don't know what else to do. Any help or insight on this issue will be highly appreciated. As an important note, since this server is located at home I don't mind about special permissions for users, everyone should have access to everything.

PS: I'm not a native English speaker, sorry if I misspelled something.

EdP

Cadet
Same here.

This might help. BTW, I am VERY new to Truenas. I have a mymedia dataset which contains music, movies, shows etc. My smb share for mymedia would not work after upgrading. I went to Shares, clicked on mymedia, view details, 3 dots, Edit Filesystem ACL, Strip ACL. It is now working for me. I might get hammered by an expert for doing it this way, but couldn't get it to work otherwise.

Decontogui

Cadet
Hello,

I've created a support ticket, and Truenas team is already looking into my problem. or further information on the issue and the workaround, please look at ticket #NAS-119289. Also, the available temporary workaround can be found in GitHub pull request.

It seems like more users have the same or similar issue, and I think the proposed solution can help someone until the final fix is released. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information on the issue.

tmholland

Cadet
I just started having this issue today after having the update since it came out. I can not comprehend what the work around. Can someone explain?