break mirror, updating to bluefin, to recreate the mirror

Janus0006

Dabbler
Hi,
As I was an early user of Scale Angelfish, since alpha version, I'm thinking to migrate to bluefin.
But, now, many things depend on my Scale server (NFS, SMB shares, VMware datastore via iSCSI, many apps/docker, and more) and i'm a bit more hesitant to migrate and impact my homelab.
As my OS is on mirrored SSD, is it possible to install/migrate to bluefin on a single drive, test it and, if I do not have to many issue, recreate the mirror pool?
Thanks

Last edited:

Glowtape

Dabbler
TrueNAS Scale uses ZFS boot environments (using snapshots internally). You can roll things back as you need and want. No need to break the mirror.

truecharts

Guru
Hi,
As I was an early user of Scale Angelfish, since alpha version, I'm thinking to migrate to bluefin.
But, now, many things depend on my Scale server (NFS, SMB shares, VMware datastore via iSCSI, many apps/docker, and more) and i'm a bit more hesitant to migrate and impact my homelab.
As my OS is on mirrored SSD, is it possible to install/migrate to bluefin on a single drive, test it and, if I do not have to many issue, recreate the mirror pool?
Thanks

SCALE Apps do not fully support rollback between Bluefin and Anglefish, the rest should (tm) work.