SMART Issues :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob2

Dabbler
My SMART service is not working properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
in both "services" and on the disks them selves I setup smart monitoring. (I activated the SMART service on the disks as well)
in the SMART services I set the threshold to 10 degrees centigrade and to check every 1 min, and i have yet to receive an email. While the disks are running at ~30 degrees c

running 3 x 2TB Hard Disks plugged directly into my MB's sata ports. (MSI P67A-C43 (B3)) (4GB kingston DataTraveler G3 USB Flash Disk for the OS)
if I type smartd -d from the command line. All is looking good and displays good feedback regarding the status for the hard disks and there temps.

but not so fortunate from FreeNAS itself. I am not getting any emailed reports (System email SMTP is configured properly and test mail received).

What additional info do you need from me???

I am not seeing any specific error messages on the console, where would I see those if there are any?

If I stop the SMART Service, and then start it up again, then I get this:
" Feb 23 14:25:31 freenas notifier: smartd not running? (check /var/run/smartd.pid).
Feb 23 14:25:31 freenas notifier: Starting smartd. "

Notice it says "starting" but does not show "started"

Maybe a separate issue: I am seeing this message on the console "GEOM: da0s1: geometry does not match label"

Status
Not open for further replies.