Slow transfer speed when moving files

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNJersey

Cadet
Hi all

New here but have been using freenas for years. Currently and for about the past year i have had terrible transfer speeds when moving files on same data set with windows/mac machines. It looks like the files are copying and deleting after the fact instead of just moving.

Today i tried creating two new folders, Called test and software. (these files were created in the windows share). I tried testing moving files from each other and moved instantly. However i tested the files moving from one of my old folders to one of the new folders and once again the transfer windows shows up saying its transferring the folder. The same applies for transferring between all my folders.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

I think it might be something to do with the users/group permissions however have tried changing these to all the same without success.

4.PNG

If anyone could be of any assistance I would be very grateful.

Cameron

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

MrNJersey

Cadet
Hi

Storage isnt full

1.PNG

Build FreeNAS-11.1-U4

Platform Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1800 @ 2.41GHz

Memory 8049MB

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-5_16-8-7.png
    upload_2018-4-5_16-8-7.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 210

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I am not spending all day asking questions. If this problem just started a week ago and you didn't make some change that precipitated the problem, then the problem is most likely some hardware component that is failing. I am not going to work in the dark. Tell me all the hardware in the NAS.

MrNJersey

Cadet
I am not spending all day asking questions. If this problem just started a week ago and you didn't make some change that precipitated the problem, then the problem is most likely some hardware component that is failing. I am not going to work in the dark. Tell me all the hardware in the NAS.

Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H Intel Celeron J1800 2.41GHz VGA HDMI HD Audio Mini-ITX Motherboard
1x3TB WD Red Drive
1x8Gb Corsair value select ram 1333hz
1xCorsair cs430 power supply

Problem has been around for about a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.