Simple Sharing Plugin??

TidalWave

Explorer
Hey Guys!!

I'm curious if there is a plugin available to more easily manage users and group for SMB sharing on windows datasets. We have 6 Mac computers on the freenas and we need an AE to access the editors shares. But the editors can only view the main pool. Each editor has his own group and username and dataset. So right now we have each editors dataset set to username owner and group "editors". Which makes all the editors able to view each others datasets.

Basically, people are having a hard time configuring permissions on the freenas. I know we can use a windows virtural machine to configure permissions but for some adding a vm to the mix complicates things. Or we can add each editor group to the auxilary groups of the AE so that the AE can copy data into each editors datasets and then change the owner group on each editor dataset to their username group.

Anyways, I was hoping for some simple permissions utility plugin and wondering if anything like that was out there, if it was, I figured this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks!