Sickbeard Plugin will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidflex

Guru
I have an issue with the Sickbeard plugin on Freenas 9.1.1 were it will not launch. I had rebooted Freenas and now the plugin refuses to start.

What I have tried:

- Reinstalled the plugin through the GUI.
- Created a new Plugins jail and installed the Sickbeard plugin. (Also re-downloaded the sickbeard plugin from the App Cafe multiple times.)
- Removed the jail completely and reinstalled the plugin
- Removed all jails and deleted the Datatset that houses all the jails and rebooted freenas. Created a new dataset and installed the sickbeard plugin from the GUI.
- Tried clicking on the Sickbeard plugin on the left side of the console, which tells you the port and location of the plugin and then hit "OK." I know I remember reading about this on the forums, if the Sickbeard plugin didn't start.

All other Plugins (Sab, CP Transmission) will start without a problem.

I receive this error in the console after attempting to run the plugin:

Code:
manage.py [common.pipeesubr:57] Popen( ) ing: /usr/local/bin/warden list -v

Please advise. Thanks.

raidflex

Guru
This is the error that I receive after first installing the plugin:

Code:
Home_NAS manage.py: [py.warnings:193] /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/http/request.py:193: DeprecationWarning: HttpRequest.raw_post_data has been deprecated. Use HttpRequest.body instead.  warnings.warn('HttpRequest.raw_post_data has been deprecated. Use HttpRequest.body instead.', DeprecationWarning)
Oct 14 15:53:50 Home_NAS manage.py: [common.pipesubr:57] Popen()ing: /usr/local/bin/warden list  -v

raidflex

Guru
Bump... I still have yet to figure this out and I am running out of ideas.

raidflex

Guru
Well I finally figured out that the issue was a permission problem. The configuration/data folder for sickbeard did not have r/w access in the jail. I also took the time to go through and create all new users for sab,sick, and couchpotato in Freenas and the jails. This way each program is isolated to only 1 specific group which has limited access.

This also fixed the problem of Sickbeard and Couchpotato not updating properly. When I run the check for updates it will properly detect the version and update if needed.

Wind_freak

Dabbler
Hey raidflex. I think I am having a similar problem. I installed sickbeard, plex and transmission and all but plex wouldnt come up. Could you give a little more details on what you did?

Im guessing that you made a group and user for each app? and granted only those users/groups access to their jails? But how do you tell each app what user/group to use? And how do you deal with perms on mounted dir's?

raidflex

Guru
I am going to start off by specifying the groups/users to make it easier to follow. We have 3 groups and 3 users that I used when I setup my system. You can make the users/ groups anything you want, these are just examples.

Primary group - apps
Auxiliary group - media

Users:
_sickbeard
_sabnzbd
couchpotato
data

I created the apps and media groups in Freenas(outside the jail). I then created all 3 users in Freenas and set their primary group to apps and added the media group as an auxiliary group.

Next I created the media and apps groups in the jail that housed sab,sick and CP and setup the users the same way I did in Freenas. So all 3 users had apps as the primary group and media as a auxiliary group inside the jail.

Then I wanted to make sure that all the data/program folder that sab, sick and CP needed access to had the proper users/groups. I used chmod -R 770 to give the proper permissions to certain folders
listed below.

make sure all of the GIDs and UIDs match in both Freenas and the Jails.

Folders to give permissions to:

Sickbeard - Sickbeard & data
sabnzbd - sabnzbd & autoProcessTV(This is under the sickbeard plugin)
couchpotato - Couchpotato & data

***Note*** I also gave permission to sabnzbd to the autoProcessTV folder under sickbeard-amd64/Sickbeard, so that sabnzbd can access the scripts that needed to be run after a TV show was downloaded.

Create a dataset called "Movies" (Or anything you want) which will house all the media that will need to be accessed by sab,sick and CP and create any additional folders, like download/temp folders for sab etc.

Next we need to give permission to the media group to access this new dataset that was created. I created a new user that was specifically used as the owner of my media. In this case we will use data as the owner of the dataset.

I also added the media group as an auxiliary group for my main account and root, this way I can also manage anything that is in the media group without a problem.

At this point I would reboot both the jail and Freenas to be sure that all permissions and networking settings take properly.

I also use the sabtosickbeard script which works without any issues with this setup.

Edit: Also about mount directories, I created all the directories that I needed to mount in the Jail and then gave the media group and data user access to those folders. This way the permissions matched my dataset outside the jail.

Zachary Johnson

Dabbler
How did you add the user in the jail? I can't figure out how to do this... what did you put as 'home directory' for each user? Assuming you used passwords for each? Thanks

santrancisco

Cadet
Could you start the jail? I could but not the service then I enabled it in /etc/rc.conf:
sickbeard_enable="YES"
and restart the service manually with "service sickbeard start" and it works great. :)

@raidflex, can you explain how "Next I created the media and apps groups in the jail"? I've searched hi and low and can't figure out how to do this.

I'm trying to follow you steps above, adding the same users and groups to the jail.

To install a user is easy; adduser, but the process creates a group with the same name as the user. How can I just create a group?

raidflex

Guru
@raidflex, can you explain how "Next I created the media and apps groups in the jail"? I've searched hi and low and can't figure out how to do this.

I'm trying to follow you steps above, adding the same users and groups to the jail.

To install a user is easy; adduser, but the process creates a group with the same name as the user. How can I just create a group?

You need to use the pw command in the jail to create users/groups. For example lets say I want to create a group called "music" with a group ID of "1000" I would use the following command: pw groupadd music -g 1000.

Refer to this page for help with creating users/groups in Freebsd: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=pw&sektion=8

For Freenas just create one group to attach each user that is used for SAB, Sick, CP etc. This primary group would have no rights to any data, basically its just created to have a primary group to set for each user. Then create a second group that has permission to the dataset where your media is stored. Add the group that has access to your media dataset as an auxiliary group to each user you create.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

As far as "Folders to give permissions to:

Sickbeard - Sickbeard & data
sabnzbd - sabnzbd & autoProcessTV(This is under the sickbeard plugin)
couchpotato - Couchpotato & data"

The folder I have storage linking to is /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/movies, tv etc.
Is this where the permissions should be applied for sab?
And are we talking chmod or chown or chgrp?
What about sb, headphones, cp?

Who should be the owner throughout the jail? From memory I think mine's root, but it might be something else.

Sorry for all the questions.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't use the default folders under /var/db/sabnzbd. I recommend you Mount a dataset into your jail somewhere, I use /mnt/media. you can then specify the incomplete and complete directories in sabnzbd's settings. I suggest your complete, and your final media location be on the same dataset so postprocessing is just a move operation instead of a read-write-delete operation.

I appreciate wanting to avoid read-write-delete, but isn't that happening (if the final media location is on another drive) between incomplete and complete.

It seems to me the only way to avoid a read-write-delete cycle would possibly be having the jail on the final media location?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
by another drive, do you mean zpool/dataset?

yeah its impossible to avoid during sabnzd processing (unraring), but you can avoid it during post-processing. For example when sickbeard moves the file from /mnt/media/download to /mnt/media/tvshows.

if you want to see how I setup my system Google 'jruehlig freenas'.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
and if you do have multiple zpools living on different drives, you can take advantage of reading from one zpool to another during processing (incomplete to complete). but most people, like i, only have one zpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.