Sickbeard plugin update process fails regularly, what have I broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
I'm confused.
The internal sickbeard plugin update process, as provided by the sickbeard team works for me, my sickbeard is up to date.
However FreeNAS plugin section is telling me there's an update available.

When I click this update, it attempts to update and fails, the general reason appears to be due to a mount issue.

Feb 17 09:12:21 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/ARRAY/jails/sickbeard_1/media'
Feb 17 09:12:21 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/ARRAY/jails/sickbeard_1/media'
Feb 17 09:12:21 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: umount: /mnt/ARRAY/jails/sickbeard_1/media: not a file system root directory ]
Feb 17 09:14:40 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/ARRAY/jails/sickbeard_1/media'
Feb 17 09:14:40 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: umount: /mnt/ARRAY/jails/sickbeard_1/media: not a file system root directory ]

I don't know why this is, I want sickbeard to write the files to /ARRAY/Media/TV for me.
From my understanding, the jail can't see "outside" of itself, so I need to map a local, internal directory to an outside directory.
Hence the external is:
/mnt/ARRAY/media/ is the directory
the internal that sickbeards' jail can see is
/media/
(which in REALITY, is /mnt/ARRAY/jails/sickbeard/blah/blah/blah/blah etc/media)
(Does this make sense?)

So why does it keep failing? I am happy to just use sickbeards update process instead, which seems to work but it would be nice to be on top of the backend problem.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
You don't need to perform the FreeNAS upgrades. I just update the FreeNAS package version when I add features/fix bugs in the packaging of the program.

I'm not sure why you're hitting that error, but sounds like a good candidate for a bug report.

diskdiddler

Wizard
So the FreeNAS upgrades are irrelevant if the the program is updating itself on t heir own, I assume the features / bugs you're talking about are simply publishing the latest version packaged differently? Ultimately we're running the same code if mine lets the program update itself?

Any suggestions on where to file a report?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So the FreeNAS upgrades are irrelevant if the the program is updating itself on t heir own, I assume the features / bugs you're talking about are simply publishing the latest version packaged differently? Ultimately we're running the same code if mine lets the program update itself?

Any suggestions on where to file a report?
Yup, you should be running on the latest sickbeard commit either way. I think last time I "upgraded" sickbeard it was just to repackage it on FreeBSD9.3, nothing gained for you.

diskdiddler

Wizard
So be it, I believe I have the same issue with couchpotato, it too is updating ok.
I guess this isn't a seriously high priority - HOWEVER.
I've learnt that as part of the failing update process, it deletes / removes your storage mappings each time.
I know how to fix this easily, first time it kicked my ass. This is a problem though for others who also click the update button without knowing.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So be it, I believe I have the same issue with couchpotato, it too is updating ok.
I guess this isn't a seriously high priority - HOWEVER.
I've learnt that as part of the failing update process, it deletes / removes your storage mappings each time.
I know how to fix this easily, first time it kicked my ass. This is a problem though for others who also click the update button without knowing.
Is this new? I've upgraded plugins before and not had it do this to me.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Oh no, this isn't the first time I've had the problem at all - for all failed plugin upgrades, it will delete the storage config for the jail, then forget to re-create it. Did a doozy on me last time, pretty sure I posted about it here, confused as heck.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Josh,

This is how many mounts I have, due to mounts stuffing up, stopping, restarting, not working, things being 'odd' etc.
Surely this isn't right?
KTbj9v4.jpg

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
very strange! well I definitely don't experience that. did you ever file a bug report?

diskdiddler

Wizard
Well I was under the impression it's only my system - although I will say, all those mount points are 1000% due to the poor design of the mount point UI for jails. I had no idea I had all those until tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.