Error updating Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs33

Dabbler
FreeNas noob here. I am trying to update Transmission view the plugins but I get the following error:

common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/media/jails/transmission_1/media/downloads'
Feb 16 14:34:27 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError:
umount: /mnt/media/jails/transmission_1/media/downloads: not a file system root directory

I am running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201501301837 and my current Transmission version is 2_84

D

dlavigne

Does updating to the latest STABLE fix it? If not, please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

mav3rek

Dabbler
Try to update to the latest FreeNAS like the previous poster said, but also I've found that sometimes a reboot of the system works as well.

Habs33

Dabbler
I did a fresh install of FreeNas but still can't update Transmisison. I will open a bug report
Try to update to the latest FreeNAS like the previous poster said, but also I've found that sometimes a reboot of the system works as well.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I did a fresh install of FreeNas but still can't update Transmisison. I will open a bug report
does installing a fresh instance work?

Habs33

Dabbler
I'll try that first to see if it fixes it.
does installing a fresh instance work?

General question about plugin updates. Is there someone on freenas.org we can see the release notes to know what's changed?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'll try that first to see if it fixes it.

General question about plugin updates. Is there someone on freenas.org we can see the release notes to know what's changed?
I don't think so =\
In this case I made the changes. all I did was recompile with the latest upstream port and updated the libutp being shipped which fixed crashing people were experiencing.

Habs33

Dabbler
Deleting and install again did the trick. Hopefully won't have to do that for every update

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Deleting and install again did the trick. Hopefully won't have to do that for every update
hopefully not =[
I've updated successfully myself but plugin updates are far from reliable.

Habs33

Dabbler
Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.