Problems updating plugins in 9.2.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durandal

Explorer
Hi,

Just updated to the new 9.2.1.1 version of FreeNAS, but i'm having major problems updating both OwnCloud and Plex Media Server. I've tried to change permissions, restart the machine and googled the errors but i have not found anything that would fix the problem. Is there anyone that solved updating-problems with these plugins?

The errors for Plex Media Server:

freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Unable to make a PBI patch]
freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/zpool2_ssd/plexmediaserver_1/media/serier'
freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/zpool2_ssd/plexmediaserver_1/media/filmer'
freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/zpool2_ssd/plexmediaserver_1/media/musik'
freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: umount: /mnt/zpool2_ssd/plexmediaserver_1/media/musik: statfs: No such file or directory umount: /mnt/zpool2_ssd/plexmediaserver_1/media/musik: unknown file system ]

For OwnCloud i get this error:

Mar 4 22:16:51 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/umount -f '/mnt/zpool2_ssd/owncloud_1/media'
Mar 4 22:16:51 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: umount: /mnt/zpool2_ssd/owncloud_1/media: not a file system root directory ]
I have all plugins installed on /mnt/zpool2_ssd/ and they have moint points at /mnt/zpool2/ which have worked for storing and using data without problems. I have chmodded the directories inside the jails to 777/774 to get the correct rights for the jails. I'm running FreeNAS 9.2.1.1. Any tip to make it update?

Revilo

Dabbler
Looks like an update script/process problem:
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/new-plex-plugin-update-stuck-50.18842/
If this is the case then I would probably wait for another update later (I think I will now).

Just a few suggestions if you haven't tried it already...
1. These directories look like the mount points for the jails... you could go into jails -> owncloud_1/plexmediaserver_1 ->storage -> /media and check to see if it is unmount/remount or maybe just delete the mount point and then try upgrading again?
2. Maybe you have CIFS/SMB/NFS shares locking the mount point? (im not sure if that is possible though).. try turning off he sharing service maybe?
3. could umount those places manually? Just make a note of where and how they are mounted.

raidflex

Guru
Not sure about updating owncloud, but Plex does update properly. It may take a long time to upgrade though depending on your database size. Also as Revilo stated I would unmount the shares and also turn off the Plex plugin before you run the update.

Durandal

Explorer
Not sure about updating owncloud, but Plex does update properly. It may take a long time to upgrade though depending on your database size. Also as Revilo stated I would unmount the shares and also turn off the Plex plugin before you run the update.

Tried to remove all moint points for OwnCloud and the "umount" errors disappeared. But i still got:

freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Unable to make a PBI patch]

Edit 1: I'm also trying to install transmission. When i try to start it through the web ui, it does not start. When i check messages inside the jail, i get:

Mar 5 20:36:54 transmission_1 root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/transmission: WARNING: failed to start transmission

Any idea what that could be?

Edit 2:: I removed all mount points for Plex Media Server, then it stood on 50% updating for like 10-15 minutes, and then it updated! W0ho!

Revilo

Dabbler
Unfortunately I don't know about the PBI patch thing for owncloud... if it was me I would backup/move the data and the database inside the jail and start again.
When I updated owncloud I had a problem and couldn't fix it so I made a duplicate one by doing the following things :
1. I made sure I had backed up the owncloud_1 data first and then...
2. Turned off the old jail (the whole jail and not just the plugin
3. Used the webgui to create a second "owncloud" plugin (which is called "owncloud_2" by default once created)
4. Turned the new owncloud_2 jail off so I could edit the files (you should now have both jails turned off)
5. Copied the settings from owncloud_1 jail to owncloud_2 and gave it the same mount points under jails -> owncloud_2 -> storage (I shared the jails folder on SMB to make it easy to copy and compare).
7. Compared the permissions and owners for the files I copied in step 5 using Putty to SSH (using "ls -l" to list file properties and then "chmod" and "chown" for permission changing)
8. changed the IP address and MAC address of the owncloud_2 jail to the same as the owncloud_1 jail. (if you start owncloud_1 up at this point you will cause the IP addresses to conflict which could cause problems so DON'T start the old owncloud_1 jail!)
8. Turned the owncloud_2 jail back on to to see if the settings had worked (if it doesn't work, untick the "autostart" checkbox in the "owncloud_1" settings and try restarting your nas).
Note: this is only going to work if your database version is up-to-date and in compliance with the new version of owncloud on the second owncloud jail
the good news is that if it doesn't work you can just delete the jail and start again! (as long as the new installation didn't change any of the mounted storage data which is also linked to owncloud_1 (which is why a backup is a good thing to have!)).

As with transmission... there is not much info on the problem so my only suggestion right now would be to delete it and reinstall it if you don't have anything you want to keep. I think it may have not installed correctly if that is a brand new installation of transmission.

Steve Brady

Cadet
Revilo, I like this idea. A couple quick questions though. Where is all the "data" that you are backing up and moving. I tried moving the db info from the /media directory, but that apparently isn't all that I need to move to get the set-up correct.

Revilo

Dabbler
It took me a while to find the database too although if you backed up the mounted storage (with the owncloud generate content inside it) you should have a file called "owncloud.db" which is the main thing you need besides the files themselves...

I don't know how much you know about jails in freenas but basically the 'program' which is running inside the jail (virtual pc) is always located under the jails directory i.e. /mnt/[dataset/pool name]/jails/[jail name]/usr/pbi/[jail name-amd64/amd86]/" which for my owncloud jail translates to "/mnt/Volume1/jails/owncloud_2/usr/pbi/owncloud_amd64/" and this is where you will find all of owncloud's files outside of the mounted storage...

You are basically looking for a file called owncloud.db and then the backup folder.
You should find the following folder structure somewhere inside the /mnt/Volume1/jails/owncloud_1/ directory:

- [User 1]
-- cache
-- files
-- files_trashbin
-- files_versions
-- gallery
-- lucene_index
- [user 2]
-- cache
-- files
-- files_trashbin
-- files_versions
-- gallery
-- lucene_index
- owncloud.db
- owncloud.log
- index.html

I feel like this post maybe slightly confusing so sorry if it is. I can't give you a definitive answer as you should have already found it in your mounted storage area!?
Basically, look in the mounted storage area again. Look in root folders under the jail i.e. "/media" "/mnt" "/usr". Look in the "/usr/pbi/owncloud_amd64/" folder.
It is also worth noting that there is a small default "owncloud.db" file located under /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/owncloud-UI/ which isn't the one you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.