Sickbeard Plugin FreeNas 9.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepin

Cadet
Hi All,

Wonder if you kind folks could help...

I installed Sickbeard using the plugin method from the GUI. It worked successfully.
However I turned off the pulgin to add a storage to the associated jail, but there after the plugin will not start.

I saw these errors in the /var/log/messages file:
Feb 22 10:17:32 sickbeard_1 su: in openpam_check_desc_owner_perms(): /etc/pam.d/su: insecure ownership or permissions
On the basis of some suggestions on a thread; I modified the permissions to 755 for the follwing dirs:
/etc/pam.d/*
and /usr/lib/*
This removes the forementioned errors but Sickbeard still cannot start
Please help!!

CdRsKuLL

Cadet
Hey fella,

I only started using FreeNAS 2 weeks ago and have been on a steep learning curve ever since! I've got owncloud / sickbeard / SABnzdb and plex plugins installed at the moment. They all seem to be working (nearly) and I set the permissons to 'www' for both user and group in the storage volumes they created for each one. Also, from your title your're running an old FreeNAS version. 9.2.1.1 I think they are on now. It's really easy to upgrade so might be worth doing in case of outstanding bugs that have been fixed.

Sorry can't be more help. I've nearly given up several times.. lol My plex doesn't seem to see some folders, but ok on others but I'll figure it out!

Steve

thepin

Cadet
Thanks Steve,

I know how tedious it is - I've been burning hours daily trying to resolve this over the past week!
the permissions in the jail for my default destination folder /usr/pbi/sickbeard-amd64/etc/sickbeard is:
"drwxrwxrwx 1 root wheel 4096 " .

I've tried delete and reinstall of plugin but no luck!
I am not sure how it worked on the initial fresh install!

I did try using 9.2.1.1. But had issues using the CIFS share with UFS as I am not using ZFS (so gave up in the end!)

I guess if worse comes to worse I could start from scratch - but it would be good to understand a little!

Regards

thepin

Cadet
Hi Guys,

Still struggling trying to start Sickbeard; in trying to change the permissions on /usr/lib/* I get the following errors
root@sickbeard_1:/ # chmod 755 /usr/lib/* chmod: /usr/lib/libc.so: Operation not permitted chmod: /usr/lib/libcrypt.so: Operation not permitted chmod: /usr/lib/libpthread.so: Operation not permitted chmod: /usr/lib/librt.so: Operation not permitted chmod: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: Operation not permitted chmod: /usr/lib/libthr.so: Operation not permitted root@sickbeard_1:/ # whoami root
Any thoughts/ingsights would be appreciated!
Thanks

thepin

Cadet
Sorry guys the cut and paste of the errors in the above post did not show, here it is again:

root@sickbeard_1:/ # chmod 755 /usr/lib/*
chmod: /usr/lib/libc.so: Operation not permitted
chmod: /usr/lib/libcrypt.so: Operation not permitted
chmod: /usr/lib/libpthread.so: Operation not permitted
chmod: /usr/lib/librt.so: Operation not permitted
chmod: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: Operation not permitted
chmod: /usr/lib/libthr.so: Operation not permitted
root@sickbeard_1:/ # whoami
root

Sorry for double posting!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you really shouldn't be changing the permissions of anything but your data directories.

thepin

Cadet
Thanks Joshua,

I think what screwed it up for me was be applying the recursive permissions on the whole volume after the jails had been added!

Are there any solutions bar rebuilding the system from scratch?

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.