Sharing problem: Cant see files added to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Meddock

Cadet
So I have a FreeNAS box setup here at my work. We mainly use it as personal storage and backups. But we started using it more for transferring files from our terminal server to users desktops. I have a folder in every persons individual folder called share folder. The share folder is then linked to the desktop on both the users desktop and the users desktop on the terminal server. The idea is to make it easy to transfer files from terminal server to desktop quickly. I used to have a ubuntu box setup previously that we did this with. But now, using FreeNAS Im running into a weird problem. When a user throws a file into the share folder from the terminal folder and then they check the share folder on their desktop, the file is not there. If, from the terminal server's share folder, you open properties of the file and uncheck the "Archive" box and hit apply, it then will appear in the share folder on the desktop. I need to fix this so when you put a file in any folder it will always be visible. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The user dropping the file in the share if different than the user reading it in their desktop. Make sure the files have correct read permissions for the correct user.

Status
Not open for further replies.