SMB Share added with ALL usernames

markst

Cadet
I am trying to setup home shares. TrueNAS creates the correct directories BUT in windows, it adds every user with the same directory files. If I switch logged in user the files change to that user's files BUT also all the other user's directories too.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Windows Explorer showing all users. Here mstoehr is logged in. (currently only 2 users created in TrueNAS)
top_folder.png

mstoehr's File folder content with a file called mark.txt

mark.png

jdoe's file folder showing all the files from the mstoehr folder
doe.png

The Directories are shown with WinSCP
folders.png

mark2.png

doe2.png

TrueNAS Users Setup. All users setup this way
user.png

TrueNAS SMB Share
share.png

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
There was a bug in upstream samba in handling homes shares with registry shares. I have fixed it in upstream master and 12.0-stable (will be U1).

In this case though the path suffix has %U which locks you into the path of the currently authenticated user. You can verify your connect path via "smbstatus".

markst

Cadet
Thanks for the super-fast response. I am a newbie and need a bit of more help getting it to work. Here is smbstatus when mstoehr is logged in

smb.png

Attachments

• 1605105130249.png
    1605105130249.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 125

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Thanks for the super-fast response. I am a newbie and need a bit of more help getting it to work. Here is smbstatus when mstoehr is logged in

View attachment 42695
The way that we generate the share path prevents users from accessing other user's home directories. If you manually try to access someone else's share you will be dumped in your own. In this case, your client should only have seen the mstoehr share. Not sure off the top of my head why you're seeing both users ones. Perhaps we're generating the results of "net share enum" incorrectly :/