shared folder in vlan also accessible on admin subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

master-richie

Dabbler
I'm using 9.3 in a box that is using vlans running down 2 lags and an embedded NIC used for admin access on vlan1

vlan1's subnet is 10.0.1.x
vlan10's subnet is 10.0.2.x
the lags are IP-less

the embedded nic (admin access) is using 10.0.1.10
plexmedia server is in a jail that uses vlan10 @ 10.0.2.2

When I go to 10.0.2.2 from a device on that subnet, I am able to see all the shared folders hosted on that FreeNAS server. Same thing when I go to 10.0.1.10 from a device on that subnet, I am able to see the plexmedia folder.

I thought jails were isolated instances of FreeNAS?

Upon inspection, my global jail configuration has my 10.0.1.x subnet listed but I cannot get rid of the values by deleting. Maybe the global jail network config is bridging vlan1 -> vlan10?

Any ideas?

master-richie

Dabbler
just an update - I can also access the FreeNAS GUI from the 10.0.2.x subnet :/

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
by default, the WebGUI interface is listening on 0.0.0.0 which is all interfaces. You can change it by going into System>General, and use the dropdown on WEBGUI ADDRESS.

master-richie

Dabbler
by default, the WebGUI interface is listening on 0.0.0.0 which is all interfaces. You can change it by going into System>General, and use the dropdown on WEBGUI ADDRESS.

thanks! any idea what to do about the shared folder in my jail being viewable from the admin subnet? there are no routing policies in my router for my vlans to communicate with each other over the network so it's def my freenas box acting as the bridge.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I don't really know what you mean by shared folder in a jail, but if you are referring to CIFS shares, you need to modify the share to allow/deny subnets

Status
Not open for further replies.