Can’t change the subnet…

Claywd

Cadet
So, I might just be losing my mind but here’s what I’ve got.

Truenas core running 3 jails

Each jail was configured on the 10.0.1.x subnet using static ips and vnet0, DHCP never worked for jails.

Truenas was configured on the 10.0.110.x subnet and used DHCP.

Truenas was (and still is) connected via a 10gbe sfp + uplink to a UniFi network switch and router.

All was well…Then I wanted to change both jails and truenas to instead use the 10.0.10.x subnet then it was all hosed!!!!

So I’ll skip the rest of the story and tell you where I am at now.

IPMI is running at 10.0.10.9 and is completely reachable. I used the IPMI to change my truenas ip to static 10.0.10.10 and that didn’t work… the cli said the web ui was reachable at that ip but it never was and I have no clue why… so I set it back to dhcp and it pulled 10.0.1.x which is … kind of in the original network because the original subnet was 10.x.x.x/8 hence the reason I’m changing it.

Anyways… the problem.

1) my sfp + doesn’t seem to want to pull the static ip, my UDM pro is setting static ips all over the place so I don’t think the router is the issue.
2) how is it possible I can connect to the IPMI across subnets, but not Truenas? I feel like the problem has to be in the middleware or gui or both.
3) … why wouldn’t dhcp work for the jails if they get their own virtualized networking stack? I’d prefer to set dns and ips in my network hardware and push those values down to Truenas via dhcp reservations and dns.

I’ve looked for logs on this stuff and come up short. The middlewared logs are … unhelpful to me up to this point.

All advice is helpful, happy to provide more info.