Cannot Create Static IP on Second NIC for HCI Environment

BadAt IT

Cadet
I am new to TruNAS and tried searching the forums but could not find a specific answer to the issue I am having. It is most likely a result of my lack of knowledge with this platform, hopefully the community can shed some light on the issue.

The Build:
I am currently labbing up a HCI environment using TruNAS to facilitate a poor mans vSAN storage with HA (Vcenter handles the HA, not TruNAS). I have 3 esxi nodes, each node has TruNAS installed on it. The first node (Primary) will have all the VM data shares. The second node will have another VM data pool that Vcenter will run on and provide a Shadow data store for FT VMs. The third node is for backups and NFS data. Each node has dual port 40GB ethernet cards as well as 64G RAM to facilitate iSCSI traffic. The VM netwwork is working fine and I can ping each node on the dedicated nic via SSH and vmkping with jumbo frames.

The Issue:
I have just started configuring TruNAS. I can see the NIC cards showing up as well as all my drives however I cannot configure any NIC for a static IP. The management NIC vmx0 is connected to a DHCP server and was handed an address 10.10.10.113 however when I went to change it to static 10.10.10.4 /24 (Same subnet just a reserved range) it would display the new IP and old IP as well as still showing it being configured for DHCP??? I was able to connect to the webpage on the new static IP temporarily but it ended up reverting itself back to the old DHCP address?

When I tried to change another Interface to static 10.10.11.4 /24 (different subnet), vmx1, it would sometimes take but still show DHCP as well as a second IP address of 0.0.0.0 /8? However I was able to ping the 10.10.11.4 address form another ESXI node using vmkping with jumbo frames???

What am Im doing wrong here to configure static IPs? Why is TruNAS taking them but showing dual IPs and DHCP? Lastly why does TruNas make me test a connection for new NIC that is not on the management subnet, what is it even testing for there is curenltly nothing for it to connect to?

BadAt IT

Cadet
I just figured this out. When I tried to edit one interface I didn't realize it was editing all interfaces, deleting the management interface, causing the system to timeout and revert back to previous settings. Why it was adding multiple IPs I have no idea. Not super intuitive that when you select the three dots to edit a single interface you have to add the settings back to all of them.

BadAt IT

Cadet
Also after setting them I can now individually configure the interfaces, However the first time i tried to configure a single interface it was removing the networking for the management, weird.