SOLVED Share problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyL

Cadet
Hi

I'm kind of new to FreeNAS and had a 9.10.3.U2 installed and running for almost 6 month and it has worked flawless. I have installed a new router and wanted to move the NAS to a separate subnet. This is where the problems started :(

First of all I couldn't reach the NAS, despite correct IP but it turned out that I needed to set a static route to my office net. But when I wanted to reconnect my shared folders in Win10 I realized I have made the perfect job of forgetting all my account settings including password and usernames for the shares and root ... Ye I know, next time I'll write them down :/

Did a reset to factory default and set a new root password, when I got logged in I came to the conclusion I wanted to upgrade from my current version to V11. The upgrade worked fine and everything is working. I didn't do the upgrade for the pool, if I needed to reverse my version. The Pool is there, I see all folders and disk in the GUI.

I have several shared folders and some that not containing any data. When I connect to the NAS via Win10 I only see one folder of 8 and one that has never been used. I can't access none other then that one. I've searched and tried some thing found here and other places but I still can't access those other shared folders. PANIC starts to grow. All my company and highly important data is there and not accessible.

Could someone please help me?

Last edited:

Artion

Patron
Hi, do you access the FN box from the win10 machine using the root account? Have you checked the permissions on the dataset/s? Have you tried if you can see your data by using the shell on the FN box?

Inviato dal mio YD201 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.