• Thread starter Deleted member 34036
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 34036

Hi,

Warm Wishes on the New Year to all!!

I am new to freeNAS and I have been exploring freenas since 8 months. I configured a storage system with FreeNAS 8.3.1. I have created one mount point but created five groups with the names Freenas1, Freenas2, Freenas3,Freenas4, Freenas5, so that more redundancy can be generated on each groups. But later I combined all five groups into a single one, so that it can be accessed from all computers in the network.I kept a single username and password for the groups to access: username: 123 and Password: 123. I am happily using the system without difficulties. This is a small network in my office and each of the folders are accessed by my staff. Recently, I found, as the folders are accessible to all, someone deleted some files from Freenas4 and Freenas5.

Is there any way, I can put a username and password to Freenas4 and Freenas 5 individually and give it to users who can only access them and won't be able to access other folders, so that users who are allowed access can only access the folders and other wont be able to access. But they would be able to access the other folders like freenas1, freenas2, freenas3. I created users for freenas 4 and freenas5, but that didn't work. when I accessed with the new username and password assigned to the users and groups created for Freenas4 & freenas5,it opens the folders but at the same time, it can access other folders also, which I want to restrict from them. Even with the original username/password, I can access all folders. I did a restart also, but it didn't work. Kindly guide me to solve this problem. I cannot use the recent version also, because a lot of data has been dumped on to the storage and the pool has to be destroyed to create and redo again. So, I am looking for a solution in the present setup. May kindly guide.

Regards,
Sharfraj

Status
Not open for further replies.