Rsync successful but no file on destination

sasad000

Dabbler
Hi all,
I find my rsync backup always show "rsync no such file or directory" and some folder is empty.
So I tested rsync the designate folder is show rsync successful. but no file on destination.

Source: Freenas 11.2-U4.1 --> Destination: Freenas 11.2-U5
Thank~

Source:
1565838080726.png

Destination :
1565838115153.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Is there a conflict with datasets and directories in the parent dataset?

It can happen that if you have a directory inside a dataset and create a child dataset with the same name in the same location, the dataset can show as empty even when there is content in the directory.

Another option is that you may need to enclose the entire path in quotation marks instead of just that single directory for the rsync command to find the right location on the FreeNAS host.

You may find the files in a different fork of that directory structure starting at the directory with the quotes.

sasad000

Dabbler
Is there a conflict with datasets and directories in the parent dataset?

It can happen that if you have a directory inside a dataset and create a child dataset with the same name in the same location, the dataset can show as empty even when there is content in the directory.

Another option is that you may need to enclose the entire path in quotation marks instead of just that single directory for the rsync command to find the right location on the FreeNAS host.

You may find the files in a different fork of that directory structure starting at the directory with the quotes.

Actually, I am backup the files daily from Source //mnt/alcc/ to Destination: /mnt/data-backup/ALCC
Source dataset : /alcc
Destination dataset: /data-backup
. /ALCC
. /companyB
. /companyC
. /companyD

I think there are no conflict with datasets and directories. For enclose the entire path in quotation marks instead , I can not control the sub sub sub directories name have spaces. Thank you for your reply.