Rsync Question: rsync: rsync error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzza

Dabbler
I'm trying to sync two Freenas systems so I set up a test to see if things work as prescribed. The files and one directory transfer just fine but I'm seeing errors in the terminal like:

rsync: rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code 3) at main.c(622) [Receiver=3.1.1]

Sep 5 08:08:00 Golgotha rsync: ERROR: destination must be a directory when copying more than 1 file

Sep 5 08:08:00 Golgotha rsync: rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code 3) at main.c(622) [Receiver=3.1.1]

(Golgotha cryptonomicon reference)

test - volume
|
test - Dataset
|
Media - Folder ( to which is selected in Rsync Module)
|
Successful transfer of new folder and it's files

I have to rsync 18TB of data and I want to be sure i'm not setting myself up for failure.

Thanks...

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Make sure the destination directory exists and is a directory.

Muzza

Dabbler
Make sure the destination directory exists and is a directory.

They do indeed exist and what is even more weird, this "error" repeats every minute (corresponding to my rsync settings) weather or not there is anything to transfer.

D

dlavigne

Were you able to figure this out? If not, what is the build (from System -> Information)?

Muzza

Dabbler
No ... I haven't discovered the problem... both systems were at
FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201508250051

Since then I have physically moved a zpool (10 drives) from my old sever to this new server and have not begun to initiate any Rsync transfers yet. I will be syncing between the new server and my OI server. I may or may not sync between the two FreeNas units as I may decide to eliminate the smaller one altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.