SOLVED Rsync ; not all file are copied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian 128

Dabbler
Hi

I have some issue, with the RSYNC function since the last month. Before this time, I use the Rsync with no problem and good performance, when I backup the data of the freenas server 1 to freenas server2.
The problem, is the operation is not permitted on many file on the destination server side.

What the configuration of the server:

FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 On both server

The command line normally I use is the same until 2 years a go. : rsync -vvh -p -o -g -r --progress --delete --stats --filter "- Thumbs.db" /mnt/data1a/Photos/ secur3@192.168.1.252:/mnt/data2/Photos2

On the dataset, I use Windows on the primary dataset (second data2) and windows on different volume.
upload_2017-5-20_9-40-41.png

Is the same configuration on both server, Windows share type, for all volume.

-The share use on folder “Photos” is the same of the other one created on the both server;

-the group “Photos” have aces for ; modification, read/write, show content, read, write, except modify the right of the file ( add new user, group …)

-the user (ownder of the folder) “secur3” have same acces of the group, plus the right for manage the right of the folder ( add user, add group, ... total control)
upload_2017-5-20_9-40-57.png

When I launch the RSYNC command line, this is what happen:

On this case I try to sync a sub folder, because is more fast (less data) and I have seme issue with other sub folder.
upload_2017-5-20_9-41-59.png

When I verrify on destination on file server (/mnt/data2/Photos/2006/Divers) I have the right for RWX on it for user and group. And is same for the dataset (/mnt/data2/Photos)
upload_2017-5-20_9-42-22.png

Here : Photos2 right on /mnt/data2

upload_2017-5-20_9-42-35.png

Only a part inside of the foler (/mnt/data2/Photos/2006/Divers ) are copied, and is same if I try to (/mnt/data2/Photos), only a part content in this folder are copied…..

I try the command RCP, the command work fine all the file are copied, but copy all the folder each time is long and I lose the original date where the file are created. When I launched the command RCP it’s working properly, all file in /Photos/2006/Divers are copied.

-Before I decide to write this post on the forum, I made my home work:eek:;

- I delete the dataset “Photos_” (old one) on the freenas server2 and recreate new one with new name “Photos2” to be sure is not a corruption on it. Same issue.

-I change the share type to UNIX (before windows) on the main dataset, Same issue, I return to Windows share type. Sme issue

-I rool back on the boot version 9.10.1-U2, … Same issue and come back to 9.10.2-U3...

-I change the command line use with RSYNC with the basic argument : rsync -vvh -p -r /mnt/data1a/Photos/2006/Divers/ secur3@192.168.1.252:/mnt/data2/Photos2/2006/Divers

and more basic : rsync /mnt/data1a/Photos/2006/Divers/ secur3@192.168.1.252:/mnt/data2/Photos2/2006/Divers

Same issue….

Now I have no clue, I have no idea what is the problem with the RSYNC function between the server, when I use the RCP command it’s work fine between both server…..

Do you have a clue ?

Regards
Christian :confused:[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-20_9-43-3.png
    upload_2017-5-20_9-43-3.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 275

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi

I have some issue, with the RSYNC function since the last month. Before this time, I use the Rsync with no problem and good performance, when I backup the data of the freenas server 1 to freenas server2.
The problem, is the operation is not permitted on many file on the destination server side.

What the configuration of the server:

FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 On both server

The command line normally I use is the same until 2 years a go. : rsync -vvh -p -o -g -r --progress --delete --stats --filter "- Thumbs.db" /mnt/data1a/Photos/ secur3@192.168.1.252:/mnt/data2/Photos2

On the dataset, I use Windows on the primary dataset (second data2) and windows on different volume.
View attachment 18434
Is the same configuration on both server, Windows share type, for all volume.

-The share use on folder “Photos” is the same of the other one created on the both server;

-the group “Photos” have aces for ; modification, read/write, show content, read, write, except modify the right of the file ( add new user, group …)

-the user (ownder of the folder) “secur3” have same acces of the group, plus the right for manage the right of the folder ( add user, add group, ... total control)
View attachment 18435
When I launch the RSYNC command line, this is what happen:

On this case I try to sync a sub folder, because is more fast (less data) and I have seme issue with other sub folder.
View attachment 18436

When I verrify on destination on file server (/mnt/data2/Photos/2006/Divers) I have the right for RWX on it for user and group. And is same for the dataset (/mnt/data2/Photos)
View attachment 18437

Here : Photos2 right on /mnt/data2

View attachment 18438

Only a part inside of the foler (/mnt/data2/Photos/2006/Divers ) are copied, and is same if I try to (/mnt/data2/Photos), only a part content in this folder are copied…..

I try the command RCP, the command work fine all the file are copied, but copy all the folder each time is long and I lose the original date where the file are created. When I launched the command RCP it’s working properly, all file in /Photos/2006/Divers are copied.

-Before I decide to write this post on the forum, I made my home work:eek:;

- I delete the dataset “Photos_” (old one) on the freenas server2 and recreate new one with new name “Photos2” to be sure is not a corruption on it. Same issue.

-I change the share type to UNIX (before windows) on the main dataset, Same issue, I return to Windows share type. Sme issue

-I rool back on the boot version 9.10.1-U2, … Same issue and come back to 9.10.2-U3...

-I change the command line use with RSYNC with the basic argument : rsync -vvh -p -r /mnt/data1a/Photos/2006/Divers/ secur3@192.168.1.252:/mnt/data2/Photos2/2006/Divers

and more basic : rsync /mnt/data1a/Photos/2006/Divers/ secur3@192.168.1.252:/mnt/data2/Photos2/2006/Divers

Same issue….

Now I have no clue, I have no idea what is the problem with the RSYNC function between the server, when I use the RCP command it’s work fine between both server…..

Do you have a clue ?

Regards
Christian :confused:[/ATTACH]
You're using the rsync '-p' (preserve permissions) option, which doesn't work well with Windows datasets. See "Impaired rsync permissions support for Windows datasets" for details.

Christian 128

Dabbler
Hi Spearfoot

I read with attention your answers and the post you suggest for resolve the issue...

It's work perfectly. :)

In my situation what is routing me I have bug more bigger than I think, is when I try the command RSYNC without arguments, it's not working...

But now my Rsync situation will be OK.

Thank's
Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.