SOLVED [SOLVED] Rsync shows files being copied, but the destination directory doesn't have the files

csh8428

Dabbler
Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1

I put a new drive in and need to copy the contents from another drive. I'm signed in as root via SSH. I've been using the command rsync -avP /mnt/Red3TB/Temp/Videos/ /mnt/Red4TB/Temp/Videos
The screen shows files being copied successfully, but when I go to the destination folder in the mapped shared drive in Windows and as root in Putty there are no files there. If I run Rsync again, it starts at the same 1st file. So, I know the files aren't being copied. If they were Rsync would start after the most recent file that was on both source and destination. Just upgraded to 11.2 from 11.1. 11.1 had Red3TB. I added Red4TB in 11.2

Each disk in my NAS is in it's own pool.

Can anyone think of whey Rsync would show copying, but not actually copy?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Did you let rsync finish?

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1

I put a new drive in and need to copy the contents from another drive. I'm signed in as root via SSH. I've been using the command rsync -avP /mnt/Red3TB/Temp/Videos/ /mnt/Red4TB/Temp/Videos
The screen shows files being copied successfully, but when I go to the destination folder in the mapped shared drive in Windows and as root in Putty there are no files there. If I run Rsync again, it starts at the same 1st file. So, I know the files aren't being copied. If they were Rsync would start after the most recent file that was on both source and destination. Just upgraded to 11.2 from 11.1. 11.1 had Red3TB. I added Red4TB in 11.2

Each disk in my NAS is in it's own pool.

Can anyone think of whey Rsync would show copying, but not actually copy?
The rsync command options you're using are the problem. Details here:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...rmissions-support-for-windows-datasets.43973/