Restoring formatted Freenas HDD - maybe TestDisk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethereal

Guru
the boot device should have been some old environments - during booting all you needed to do was to select one before you had your problem

Babo96

Dabbler
the boot device should have been some old environments - during booting all you needed to do was to select one before you had your problem
I know what I should have done but now I did sth wrong and you can be sure it won't happem again ...

ethereal

Guru
i don't want anybody to loose their data and i would recommend you reading the manual cover to cover.

and not mess around with beta software - unless you read the release notes and understand the risks.

if you have a spare usb you could use this for testing and if things go tits up - swap the usb

styno

Patron
So just for my understanding: you DID NOT put your data on ZFS yet, it was still on the disk that came directly from the WD nas?

ethereal

Guru
there are no recovery tools for zfs raidz- i think your data is gone

Last edited:

styno

Patron
Ok all clear now... http://www.ufsexplorer.com claims to be ZFS compatible. As suggested before, please only try it on an image and not directly on the impacted disk.
Good luck and please report back.

ethereal

Guru
it says it is sun zfs compatible - i don't know if it is compatible with the type on freenas (openzfs)

but may be worth a try

Status
Not open for further replies.