Replace Corrupted Disk but Remains Degraded After Resilver

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I have done the replace and finished resilver the old disk is still being listed and offline (I have already removed it from the machine) and continues the DEGRADED state. What should I do?
The resilver process took + or - 48h and the server was unstable during this time. It restarted several times and when it was almost finished the percentage was reset. Access to the DATA was unstable and sometimes not accessible.
Now that it has finished resilver, even in DEGRADED mode it has stabilized and everything seems fine, but from what I understand in this mode I do not have data security, correct?
Captura de tela 2018-03-15 13.19.46.png
Captura de tela 2018-03-15 13.20.30.png
Captura de tela 2018-03-15 13.19.37.png
Captura de tela 2018-03-15 13.20.08.png

Hardware information and output of zpool status would give us a lot more of what we need.

But you have checksum errors on other drives. I would check all my cables as well in case there is an issue there.

rs225

Guru
Do you have enough ports to re-connect the failed disk, and also leave the new disk?

How to check the cables? Simply disconnecting and connecting?
Correct, and sometimes swapping them out is a good testing measure.

As far as the hardware info, a screenshot is not going to do it. Manufacturer and model of MoBo among other things is required. Drive models, etc as well.

rs225

Guru
How do you know the old drive was actually failed? Is the RAM ECC, and have you run a memory test?

Correct, and sometimes swapping them out is a good testing measure.

As far as the hardware info, a screenshot is not going to do it. Manufacturer and model of MoBo among other things is required. Drive models, etc as well.
How do you know the old drive was actually failed? Is the RAM ECC, and have you run a memory test?

ad1f0904-936d-4fa7-b6cc-a7cc2c7afad6.jpg

This is my storage!
I am quite lazy and several processes you ask do not know how to do it!
I bought this CPU already assembled and configured from a friend who changed the country and I only started to dig deeper now that he is giving trouble!
I think checking cables or replacing is more complicated because it's HOTSWAP, right?
How do I find out the MOBO model and other data that I have been asked?
Any process they request needs to come in more detail, as I should please!

Sorry I did not answer before but I was working out! And over the weekend the system restarted and started to resilver again! I had hope it would end, but arriving Monday morning was locked! Restart and resilver is 18% !!! Too long and repetitive!

About using 80% I'm already solving it, but I'm afraid to move the data while it's in DEGRADED state ...

Status
Not open for further replies.