regarding sab/sb/cp install

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilioSuarez

Cadet
Hey all...theres a ton of confusing and countermanding material out there for setting up freenas with full automation for usenet. I'm on freenas 9.10, and it's just driving me nuts here. I've read and read for days now. I finally got an SMB share up and available to other clients on the network with proper permissions for my purposes. After reading everything and then some, I was so confused at the conflict of information between documentation, write-ups and tutorials, that I finally just dove facefirst into things:

I've installed Sab with the plugin tool, given it storage, and set it all up. When I manually feed it an nzb, it downloads, categorizes properly and alls well.
I installed SB into the same jail from pbi, given it the same storage as Sab and set it all up. Add a show, it pulls it in and kicks an nzb to Sab. Sab does it's thing, but SB doesn't pick it back up or finish the post processing. My guess is that it's an issue stemming from not having the sabtosickbeard.py script in place, but I've no idea how to manage that bit with the setup as it is.

I feel like fixing what I have so far is probably something simple, but I'm thoroughly stumped here....I'd appreciate any assistance. If I need to start from scratch, I don't mind, but if that's the case, can someone point me toward a set of definitive instructions that's pertinent to 9.10 and the plugin system?

The end goal is freenas running sab/cp/sb or sonarr/headphones and PlexMediaServer delivering content to PlexBmc clients on the home network and Plex clients away from home. Remote access for maintaining/monitoring the system would be lovely as well. The machine is an i5 3225 with z77 chipset and 32gb non-ecc ram spinning 8x3tb drives in raidz1

Thanks to everyone in advance!!

EmilioSuarez

Cadet
anyone? I'm sooooo close and it's driving me nuts. I assume it's a script issue... Does anyone have a good set of instructions for 9.10?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
If you google search for "jruehlig.com freenas" you will find my blog where I detail the steps I take to setup automated systems.
You could modify it slightly to not use transmission for torrents and only use usenet.

You set what scripts to run on the categories section of sabnzbd's config

EmilioSuarez

Cadet
If you google search for "jruehlig.com freenas" you will find my blog where I detail the steps I take to setup automated systems.
You could modify it slightly to not use transmission for torrents and only use usenet.

You set what scripts to run on the categories section of sabnzbd's config

Thank you for your help..I am familiar with you and your work, so another thank you is in order.

I'm aware of where the scripts setting is located. the confusion I have is that on a windows machine, you point Sab to the folder where the scripts are kept...which is in SB's file structure. I'm not able to do that in freenas. My idea was to move the script to the shared storage dataset that I've attached to both apps, and then point Sab to that new location for the script. I haven't had time to mess with it much over the last couple of days, but hopefully tonight. If that's a viable solution, then my next question is probably irrelevant...

I also have a question about the user "media". It's preconfigured gid doesn't jive with the instructions that you give. Are the apps reconfigured to share the new gid that "media" has in freenas 9.10, or do I need to edit those values? My guess is that they're all the same, but I lack the experience to know where to look..

I'll be plugging along at it again tonight, so wish me luck!

Thanks so much for your assistance and your contributions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I keep my scripts in my downloads dataset and have that mounted to my jail. It's as simple as pointing it to the file path for the script.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

EmilioSuarez

Cadet
@EmilioSuarez
On my blog post I do not use the scripts shipped with sickbeard. I don't use sickbeard at all, but use sickrage instead. I use scripts from the nzbtomedia project.
https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia

When you say apps I assume you mean plugins? They run in jails and do not share any UID/GID mappings with the FreeNAS host.
See the "Facts" section of this post.
https://forums.FreeNAS.org/index.ph...plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/

Thank you!! I have had a lot going on lately... I'll be nuking the jails and starting from scratch tomorrow (hopefully..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.