Probably a permission problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tophee

Explorer
Hi,

After playing with Sab, CP and SB, I seem to have mucked something up. Now I cannot change the location of the watch file, the partial download and the or the completed downloads go.

This happened as I was trying to give the same ownership / group permissions to the volume as to the plugins. I created a group with a user for each plugin and gave the volume group read/write permissions. However, I seem to have done something wrong. Initially I lost access to the SAB and got in a right mess. I think I am nearly back to where I should be and have begun reinstalling and reconfiguring the plugins.

Situation is this:

Currently running 9.1.1.
The volume on the server outside the jail is /mnt/Server/media for the downloads. Owner is root, group is wheel.
I have created a folder on the media volume called /watch
I've added this location via the add storage wizard mounting /mnt/Server/media at /media within the jail. The jail appears to be owned by root and group wheel.
From the SAB web gui I can see the watch folder and on selecting it appears in the box as /media/watch. I click save. It appears to complete the save. I look at a different menu item, return to the User Folders page and all settings are gone.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

tophee

Explorer
Ok, I thought I was going to be able to post back with tales of complete success. I was able to get sickbeard to talk to sab and actually download some content. I was pleased I'd gotten this far.

To get here I explored ownership of Sab - outside the jail it seemed to be owned by root, wheel. Inside the jail it appeared to be owned wither by root, or a nonexistant user for sab. I created this user and gave it the same id. I then gave ownership of the sab plugin jail to the sab jail and set the permissions excursively.

I also created a user media and a group media. The download folder was given this ownership by I added sab user to the media group.
After checking the ownership inside and outside of the sickbeard jail, I created a user _sickbeard in FreeNAS ensuring it's user id matched the id within the jail. I didn't give sickbeard it's own group, but added to the media group.

At this point, I could download tv shows.

With the success of this I decided to install couchpotato. This worked too. However, it broke the permissions on Sickbeard as it couldn't create new files in the watch folder. I then tried to change permissions and though I could then download, things wouldn't complete.

... and I thought I was getting there.

I need to get these permissions sorted so it works everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.