sabnzbd - sonarr - permission issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scareh

Contributor
I thought i had an understanding how the basic mapping of mount points and permissions worked, but apparantly i'm not ;-)

Long story short: moved from sickrage to sonar. I've imported all my series through a mountpoint in freenas to the jail. Works flawlessly.
I made 1 folder in the past where everything downloaded comes in together. (both from sab and transmission). So I figured, hell i just point sonar to that folder and i'm good.

Guess not....

Sab jail ip: 192.168.1.11
mountpoint in sab:
source: /mnt/BigDisk/BittorrentDownload
destination: /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete
Sab completed download folder: Downloads/complete with permissions 777

sonar ip: http://192.168.1.114
mountpoints in sonar:
1 for the media:
source: /mnt/BigDisk/Series
destination: /media

2 for the 'watch folder'
source: /mnt/BigDisk/BittorrentDownload
destination: /mnt

source being here the same folder where sab throws it's completed downloads.

Sofar so good i think.
Now in sonar i specify the watch folder as follows:
host: 192.168.1.11 (sab ip)
Remote Path: Download/complete
Local Path: /mnt

I can actually see the folders inside the /mnt which have been downloaded. So according to me the mount point is correct.
I'd assume with permission 777 sonarr wouldn't have problems moving the files around, but guess what it does...

the exact error inside sonar:
Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /var/db/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/xxxx (xxx being the filename of the serie i'm downloading)

I've been reading for a few hours on people having the same problem. I tried every possible combination i could think of, even went as far as pointing freenas to the var/db/Downloads/complete folder inside the sab jail.

No dice.
Help me out please, because i'm going nuts over this :p

You should consider installing all these "plugins" manually to the same jail. Then you run all the softwares in same jail as the same user via rc.conf, then give that user ownership to the media/download datasets in the FreeNAS GUI. This also makes it very easy to mount storage because you only need to mount storage (owned by the same user that these softwares run as) to one jail. Then the file structures are the same across all your softwares. The user that runs "Sonarr" owns these mounts/datasets so it has no problem doing whatever.

Here is the best guide for doing this that I still refer to this day, you can omit softwares you dont need, and change the user to whatever suits you, they just both need to be present in the FreeNAS host and the jail with the same uid/gid. And this user needs access to the "media" datasets. It works very slick and @Joshua Parker Ruehlig has a few great posts on this very awesome forum.

An example rc.conf from one of my machines.

Code:
portmap_enable="NO"
sshd_enable="NO"
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"
hostname="sab"
devfs_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_common"
sabnzbd_enable="YES"
sabnzbd_user="JBD"
sabnzbd_group="JBD"
couchpotato_enable="YES"
couchpotato_user="JBD"
couchpotato_group="JBD"
sonarr_enable="YES"
sonarr_user="JBD"
sonarr_group="JBD"
headphones_enable="YES"
headphones_user="JBD"
headphones_group="JBD"
transmission_enable="YES
transmission_user="JBD"
transmission_group="JBD"

User JBD exists as the same uid/gid on both host and jail(s). And has r/w access to my media datasets. This absolutely licks these permissions issues for ever. Then set all these softwares to share incomplete and complete directories. Works very slick my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.