Problems using 2 different authentication methods at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortie87

Cadet
Hi Guys,

Just got my new FreeNAS box up and running following the guides on the main site, and can now share videos/music/photos etc. between all my devices on the network, works great!

I've set up my volume (a 2tb Samsung HDD), and created two ZFS Datasets, one of which I want to be shared with everyone else in the house (this is currently set up and working fine), but the second dataset I want to keep private. So far, I've totally failed in getting this to work.

Under the dataset permissions, I have selected the owner I created using the same details as my PC (as described in the manual) and selected the group that user account is in. however, shen I try to log in, no credentials that I try will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

lowdrag

Cadet
Hi Guys,

Just got my new FreeNAS box up and running following the guides on the main site, and can now share videos/music/photos etc. between all my devices on the network, works great!

I've set up my volume (a 2tb Samsung HDD), and created two ZFS Datasets, one of which I want to be shared with everyone else in the house (this is currently set up and working fine), but the second dataset I want to keep private. So far, I've totally failed in getting this to work.

Under the dataset permissions, I have selected the owner I created using the same details as my PC (as described in the manual) and selected the group that user account is in. however, shen I try to log in, no credentials that I try will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

No that I have ideas but I am also interested in this thread.
Anyone know good docs to set this up?
J

Status
Not open for further replies.