[HELP] - FTP service using Active DIrectory authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

x007alfa

Cadet
Good morning everyone :)
I'm having a bit of an issue with my FreeNAS setup...
I have successfully activated the Active Directory service and got the users and groups correctly recognized by the system.
Now I want to set up an FTP service on an SMB share that we use to share files with customers.
Thing is I don't really know much about how to get it to work using the credentials of my AD users...
Someone could help me?
Thanks in advance!

Fabio (x007alfa)

D

dlavigne

Were you able to figure this out? If not, why do you want to have 2 share types to the same dataset? Also, which build version of FreeNAS (from System -> Information)?

x007alfa

Cadet
Hi... No unfortunatelly I wasn't able to figure this out... It's not much like having 2 share types... I have the SMB shares so my collegues can access the FTP folder as a network drive in their machines... I need the FTP to allow customers and my collegues that are out of state for business to retrieve files they requested... In order to do that I wanted my FTP service to work much like I have now on my main server... using the FTP service in windows and sharing the folder it's attached to but it's very much not a safe solution.
I wanted an external service on an external machine to handle this for me and since FreeNAS has an FTP service embedded I thought I could use it

Status
Not open for further replies.