Problems getting applications to bind to host network (specifically nginx-proxy-manager)

nhfl

Cadet
Truenas Scale

I'm trying to have my container apps bind to the host network in order to expose the services port on the host itself.

There is no checkbox or option to do this on nginx-proxy-manager. And while I was able to use some other "patch" methods for various containers, I can't seem to find ANY information on how to actually accomplish this properly, let alone with the nginx-proxy-manager app.

If there's another method, I'm open to hearing it, but for simplicity, binding to the network host solves all my issues. (But currently unable to do it with nginx proxy manager)

The crux of the issue is that I'm running tailscale, and without binding to the host, the ports are not exposed to the tailscale ip.

DWRedShoes

Cadet
Hello,

I ran into this issue also and these are the steps I followed to get nginx proxy manager working:

1. Setup 2 datasets
- data
- let's encrypt

2. Setup the app using the "Launch Docker Image" option to setup the nginx proxy image
- Image: jc21/nginx-proxy-manager
- tag: latest
- add external interface
- static
- specify a network bridge you are using
- specify IP address

- setup Host Path Volumes
- dataset data mounts to /data
- dataset letsencrypt mounts to /etc/letsencrypt

- Save config

This worked for me. Once it is setup, you should be able to access the container on the static IP defined on port 80,81, & 443. Do keep in mind it may take a while for the container to complete setup.