help needed: access Nextcloud plugin with existing Nginx Proxy Manager + FQDN

kennywai25

Cadet
Problem statement:
Unable to access nextcloud via nextcloud.mydomain.com.

Observations:
Nextcloud plugin installed successfully and able to login dashboard via "manage" or "http://192.168.2.999"
Existing NPM is set up in docker and working well for other services on my network : ie: jellyfin.mydomain.com and mydomain.com is proxied through cloudflare.
nextcloud.mydomain.com is reachable but throws error 520 - host is down.

Help needed:
How to expose nextcloud instance to Nginx Proxy Manager?
How to access nextcloud instance via FQDN?

I did a lot of reading and after meddling with config.php trusted_domains trusted_proxies, nginx.conf, i still hit the same wall - something tells me nextcloud isnt "exposed", and something to do with the nginx that comes together with nextcloud installation. Other tutorials that set up nextcloud and nginx proxy manager on fresh installs shows working fine. I seem to cant find any explanation / workaround for dealing with nextcloud installs on existing Nginx proxy manager...

Will add more details / experiment outcomes when i get off work later.....

kennywai25

Cadet
nothing?
i reinstalled the truenas plugin and added trusted domains to config.php.
im able to login to the dashboard website and everything was working fine via "manage" in the plugins page.

but when i tried to access via nginx proxy manager using my domain name all i get is a blank page. any ideas?
nextcloud.png

DWRedShoes

Cadet
Hello,

Make sure to update the trusted proxies in config.php to include the IP address of you Nginx Proxy Manager (NPM). You may need a few additional options added too. Recommend reviewing Nextcloud Documentation on how to setup Nextcloud for a reverse proxy before continuing.

Also you state that the domain is running behind cloudflare proxy. Recommend removing that complexity and first get it working by accessing NPM directly for the cloud domain. Then introduce cloudflare proxy.

Let me know.
nothing?
i reinstalled the truenas plugin and added trusted domains to config.php.
im able to login to the dashboard website and everything was working fine via "manage" in the plugins page.

but when i tried to access via nginx proxy manager using my domain name all i get is a blank page. any ideas?
View attachment 56382