Reverse proxy in VM is unable to reach the applications running on the host

manzomanze

Dabbler
Reverse proxy(caddy) in VM(ubuntu server 20 LTS) is unable to reach the applications running on the host, i've tried creating a bridge with the network interface of the host and mounting it as a NIC but i was only able to reach the host but not the applications.
From other hosts in the network i am able to reach the applications with the ip of the host and the port of the application without any problem.
I am probably missing how the containers are exposed to the network.

maximelu

Explorer
Hi,

Did you use the external IP to reach the hosted services ?

Can you show to us the configuration of your bridge and the NIC details in devices list of VM ?

manzomanze

Dabbler
Hi,

Did you use the external IP to reach the hosted services ?

Can you show to us the configuration of your bridge and the NIC details in devices list of VM ?
the first two are the config of the bridge and the last one is of the nic

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 176
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 180
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 173

manzomanze

Dabbler
As ip i have tried all of the possibilites, both the ip of the truenas host but also the ip assigned through the bridge, i was able to use the bridge and ping and ssh into the host from the vm but the ports of the containers seem to be closed.

For instance i have radarr on port 9078 and from other hosts in the network i am able to reach it with 192.168.0.242:9078 that is the ip of th truenas host however i was only able to reach the host from the vm using the ip of the bridge 192.168.200.2 but as soon as i try to reach other ports where the containers should be i am unable to communicate to them