Plugin service will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudshark

Contributor
It *was* working!
Had "SubSonic" Media Server plugin working perfectly. Rebooted server now not working.
Found under PLUGINs > INSTALLED SubSonic there with the service = OFF. I tried rebooting & shutting down but cannot restart service!

Unless anyone has any ideas I maybe should try I suppose my nex step is to uninstall ("Delete") and reinstall the plugin.

Thx all
RG

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It *was* working!
Had "SubSonic" Media Server plugin working perfectly. Rebooted server now not working.
Found under PLUGINs > INSTALLED SubSonic there with the service = OFF. I tried rebooting & shutting down but cannot restart service!

Unless anyone has any ideas I maybe should try I suppose my nex step is to uninstall ("Delete") and reinstall the plugin.

Thx all
RG
Can you check is the subsonic jail is running from the Jails tab? Does the subsonic icon appear in the Plugins > Installed tab?

mudshark

Contributor
Subsonic *is* running under the Jails tab and the icon in Installed Plugins is exactly where I cannot set it to = ON. I tried stopping, restarting under the jails tab then going back to the Installed Plugins screen to set it = ON but it will not. No error message either!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
can you try running the below in the jails command line.

service subsonic onestart

mudshark

Contributor

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
ERROR: subsonic does not exist in /etc/rc.d or in the local startup directories.
you did this in the jail's command line? You sure you didn't try it on the FreeNAS hosts?

mudshark

Contributor

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yes, did a "cd /mnt/pool/jails" first, than ran service subsonic onestart.
cd doesn't change your userland (the context your process is running in)

I'd personally run 'jls' to list the jail's ID, then use 'jexec # csh' to enter the jail

mudshark

Contributor
Solved?
I started from scratch with a fully clean reinstall.
My thought was that perhaps one of the OS upgrades could be breaking the SubSonic PBI.

So after creating the bare new server, with volumes and shares but before doing anything else I did the install and it seems to have gone flawlessly.

I'll do a full backup of this drive next before I install any of the OS updates, upgrades or patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.