Plex Plugin wont start but also gives no error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
Hi guys

Ive run into a bit of an odd issue here, basically my plex media server plugin wont start, every time I toggle it to start in the plugin menu it has the three bars to indicate its starting and then just stays off, no errors appear in the logs at all. I also tried running service plexmediaserver start in the jail and it says starting plexmediaserver and does nothing, the server remains down. The jail starts perfectly fine etc so im not sure what the issue is at all

Any ideas, anyone had this before?

FreeNAS-11.1-U5
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v6 @ 3.70GH
32GB ECC
12x2TB + 6x4TB In 3 RAIDZ2 Arrays of 6 drives each

Thanks
Spencer

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Hardware specs and FreeNAS version please.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Can you give a bit more details surrounding the situation. Did your plugin work at one time? If it did, what changed around the time that it started to not work? Do you remember what version of freenas you used to created the jail?

Spencer Skinner

Contributor
Can you give a bit more details surrounding the situation. Did your plugin work at one time? If it did, what changed around the time that it started to not work? Do you remember what version of freenas you used to created the jail?
The Plugin worked for a good year or so, i went to restart it the other day and it just refused to come back online, I made it back in the freenas 9 days, cant remember the version though. I feel like it might have been a permission issue somewhere down the line, it was a fairly poorly created jail if im honest. I accidentally rolled it back to an image from a year ago so ive reset the whole PMS jail and started fresh, this time im taking proper snapshots, lesson learned there

Status
Not open for further replies.