Plugin installation fails, stuck at 'Creating Jail'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozokki

Cadet
Plugin installation fails every time on 'Creating jail' -part, which is at the 50% mark. I have tried to install those via plugins tab and manually. Tried to go back to earlier versions, from 64-bit to 32-bit, but still the problem continues. I presume that this is a hardware issue. Currently I'm running 9.2.1.9 x86 version of FreeNAS in VirtualBox environment, with 4GB RAM assigned to it.

How much plugins require RAM to work properly? My environment is built solely for testing purposes so I'm trying to keep it as small as possible. Everything else works fine (AD sync, shares...) except the plugins. I followed this guide to setup FreeNAS: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...directory-folder-file-user-permissions.20610/

Could you help me with this, please? Thank you!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, the OS needs 8GB to work properly... the plugins will require more than that. So yeah.. start with 12GB of RAM and see where things go.

It doesn't hurt to read our system requirements. ;)

av8rboi

Cadet
Well, the OS needs 8GB to work properly... the plugins will require more than that. So yeah.. start with 12GB of RAM and see where things go.

It doesn't hurt to read our system requirements. ;)

I am an old user of freenas and yesterday I decided to upgrade to 9.3 stable release by doing a fresh install (Even detached volume and destroyed data). Now I am facing problems with installing plugins. The installation process sometimes get stuck at downloading plugins, sometimes at downloading templates and restarts itself. I was not able to install any plugin.

Then, I decided I should go back to 9.2.1.9. I did a fresh install again and same problem bugged me there too. I had been using plugins successfully with 9.2.1.9 for more than 3 months now. Don't know what's happening. Could it be any problem with download repositories or servers? I am really feeling helpless here.

Status
Not open for further replies.