How to Import plugin/jails from other FreeNas Installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2U2

Dabbler
I would like to know how I would go about importing my plugin/jails from a previous FreeNas Installation with only the jails files & a config backup.

I was running Emby, Plex, SickRage, CouchPotato and Transmission.
I have tried to upload my config, but the plugin tab was broken. (It would not let me start the plugins and has an error connection to whatever/#/_s/treemenu)

Would I be able to install each of these plugins and them overwrite the contents of each jail with the older one?

Thanks! R2U2

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You have the same pool correct? If so you just need to upload your configuration. If that doesn't work you can try not uploading your configuration and just setting the jail root path to be the jails dataset you have. This will cause the jails to start up on boot and show up in the jails tab.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
if you don't have a good way of doing this you could backup each plugins datadirectory, /var/db/PLUGIN-NAME. emby and plex vary a little in their name, but you should be able to find them.

when you restore this directory the plugins will be setup exactly as before. also, as transmission has some settings managed by freenas, you'll need to set these again.

R2U2

Dabbler
Thanks a lot everyone, the first time I tried to restore from backup settings the plugins were not working correctly so I decided to go back the the new fresh configs.
Then I decided it would be a lot of work and tried to get the old config working again, so I uploaded the config and went to bed. When I got up all the plugins were working correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.