Plex on Legacy Warden vs Beta Iocage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Dill

Contributor
I currently run Plex on Warden jails created years ago on version 9 or 10 of Freenas. They were installed via the plugin installer, but I have been manually updating them via scripts.

I upgraded Freenas to 11.2. I see that they have plugin installs available for Plex, and Plex Pass.

Question:

Is there any reason to wipe out old warden jails and move to the new iocage?
The old plugin installer did not have a plex pass option, though when I update I use my plex pass. Is using the iocage Plex Pass option superior in any way?

Tl;dr is it worth my time to migrate to 11.2 Iocage jails for Plex Pass, when it is working fine on 11.1 Warden jails?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The old plugin installer did not have a plex pass option, though when I update I use my plex pass. Is using the iocage Plex Pass option superior in any way?
No

Is there any reason to wipe out old warden jails and move to the new iocage?
Eventually to be supported, knowing that you're already running an unsupported version of FreeBSD in the warden jails.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can use the iocage command line today with 11.1 and it'll work interchangeably with the GUI, if that's up your alley.

Tl;dr is it worth my time to migrate to 11.2 Iocage jails for Plex Pass, when it is working fine on 11.1 Warden jails?
You don't strictly have to move to iocage, even after 11.2, but GUI support for Warden is dropped from 11.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.