Plex- Upgrade to 11.2 Results in 2 Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kypdurron5

Dabbler
Summary of the problem I've noticed:
Under 11.2 BETA 3 there has been a transition to iocage from warden for the jail. After clean-installing 11.2, Plex is therefore not recognized as installed. However, the old Warden Plex server is still running in the background, yet there is no GUI way to manage it! Even without reinstalling Plex under iocage. Reinstalling Plex simply results in 2 running servers- the iocage version and the warden version.

I've attempted to copy the user files from warden to iocage [a journey of its own- the warden install stores the folder under /var/db... and the new under /usr/local...] but this simply results in the iocage version failing to run. All I'm left with is the old warden version running. This could be a permissions issue which is what I'm trying to track down now. Perhaps it doesn't work because the warden version is still running.

Regardless of whether I'm able to transition to the new server or start from scratch, how should I go about deleting the old Plex server? I'm thinking to boot into 11.1-U6 and delete it from the GUI, but this seems extremely messy. To have a new server OS running an old Plex server in the background is sketchy at best from a coding standpoint. Moreover, how can this even happen? My best understanding is that jails are mini-os's that use the base kernel to run. However, there still has to be code in the new system to run the old jails, no?

It wasn't my intent to go beta, but after experimenting with 11.2 (because of the updated support for new VM kernels) and going back to 11.1-U6 my system was never the same for some reason even using the U6 config. The GUI would crash along with SMB after running fine for a few days. So now I'm stuck with 11.2 which is fine; aside from this Plex issue my system is running great.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Go into the old GUI and you should see the old warden jail. There are numerous posts about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.