Plex vs Plex-Pass Plugin

olsenblane

Cadet
I have only found one thread on this topic, with no real answers. I have a Plex plugin managed by iocage, but have recently purchased Plex Pass. Do I need a Plex-Pass plugin to make use of the Plex-Pass features? What's the difference between those two plugins?
If there are features in the Plex Pass plugin that aren't included in regular Plex jail, is there a way to:
- Upgrade/Convert Plex to Plex Pass within the same iocage jail?
or
- Instructions on installing Plex-Pass manually in an iocage jail? I have only found instructions on installing regular Plex instance.

Redcoat

MVP

danb35

Hall of Famer
- Instructions on installing Plex-Pass manually in an iocage jail? I have only found instructions on installing regular Plex instance.
The instructions are identical except for the package name to install--install plexmediaserver-plexpass rather than plexmediaserver.

Mannekino

Patron
@olsenblane I'm in the same situation you are/were in. I've been running a "plexmediasever" Jail for a couple of months now and I would like to switch to the Plex Pass version. Have you managed to figure out how to make the switch?

Extra information on my setup. I have a separate mount point (to a separate dataset) for the Plex configuration folder. If I can't make the switch I'm wondering if I can create a new jail and then mount my old configuration dataset to the Plex Pass jail without issues.

Last edited:

sretalla